Plentyyyyyy reasons WHY you should TITHE!
My friend Lauren Ward (@Lauren_A_Ward) and I just recently did a tithing live and I wanted to do a quick recap for all my note takers! Watch the full live on insta by clicking here. I hope you learn something and are blessed by this:
I am very very frugal. I do not like spending money. Everything I spend money on has to be over justified or else I won’t want to do it.
I do shopping cart approvals with my sister/stylists Amelia, researching reviews and everything to make sure my money is well spent!
BUTTT tithing this is a justified act so it makes me happy to be able to give without thinking about it
Tithe means a tenth in Hebrew.
We are referring to giving a 10th to your local church in this discussion.
The point of this is to understand the why behind tithing. When you know why you will be more inclined to cheerfully give. Even in giving religiously, without knowing the true reason for tithing you’re robbing yourself of the joy of truly honoring the Lord and showing your love for him, as opposed to just giving out of routine.
- To honor God and recognizing his provision!
- Whats Gods love language — all of them.. including GIFTS, when Noah gave an offering after flooding the earth God said it was a sweet smell in his nose. The Lord loves giftssss!
- Abram honors God and tithes to Melkizadek a priest.
- Gen 14:19-20
- Duet 8:18 Remember God, he brings wealth
- without faith its impossible to please God
- shows that you believe God and ur putting your money where your mouth its (no pun intended)
- faith without action is NOTHING
- The kingdom of God has a judicial system, God is called a judge and you can use your tithe as evidence to help you in the court.
- He who sows sparingly reaps sparingly, he who sows bountifully reaps bountifully, the principal of first fruits provider 3:9-10
- (Proverbs 11:24–25) One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.
- (Proverbs 28:22) A stingy man hastens after wealth and does not know that poverty will come upon him.
- If you give, you will get! Your gift will return to you in full and overflowing measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use to give–large or small–will be used to measure what is given back to you.
- James 4:6 God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble
- Hebrews 4 says come to the throne of grace to receive mercy and grace to help in a time of need what is grace, unmerited favor.
- Mal 3:8-9
- Will man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say, “How have we robbed you?” In your tithes and contributions. You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing me, the whole nation of you.
- TIP! you can tell a lot about a person if they are ok with ROBBING GOD. The man you want to marry should be a faithful tither. God should be in the equation of every aspect of his life, and fathers do ask men if they are a faithful tither when men want to marry their daughters.
- The bible says if you know ur supposed to do a thing but don’t do it YOU ARE SINNING
Its an old testmament thing:
Mark 12:41-44 Jesus watches ppl give offering and a widow gives less than 1 penny while rich men give loads but because she gave 100% of what she had and maybe they gave their 10% she has done more. God is impressed by those who give their all. Here many ppl are complaining about giving 10% but that is the thing that makes God stop and comment. How many of you would want God to stop and comment on you. So you see in the new testament its even the greater offerings that show sacrifices and responsibility.
Luke 11:42, you tithe, plus don’t neglect justice and love of God. Again the new testament is not erasing tithe but its calling us to MORE!